Jazzit Fundamentals, our flagship product is an integrated and flexible collection of templates for various entity structures. It includes financial statements, schedules, notes, working papers and letters to automate year-end engagements for your corporate clients.
In our recent customer survey, Jazzit users told us that, on average:
- Their own clients' satisfaction improved by 54%
- Time saved PER CLIENT ENGAGEMENT was a whopping 60%!
What does this mean to you in opportunity cost? If you bill $100 an hour for 50 clients with engagements that take about 10 hours, Jazzit Fundamentals will give you an additional $30,000 annually; you could use this time to create more revenue opportunities, create more work/life balance, or to simply reduce expenses in the office.
That's roughly a 2000% ROI relative to the average cost of Jazzit to an accounting firm.
"Jazzit was one of the best investments in technology our firm has made.“
- Catherine Clysdale, C.A., Kanata Ontario
We're very proud of the ROI that our software provides and continually improve through listening and learning with our customers (see our latest customer survey results here), sourcing from industry, associations and government, applying best practice programming methodologies and the latest CaseWare developments to ensure you have the best quality templates available.
"Profits were up significantly, and I know Jazzit had a lot to do with that. I feel better about the work that I do. We are more efficient as a firm.“
- Catherine Clysdale, C.A., Kanata Ontario
"I have been using CaseWare for many years and designed many of my own financial statements. As needs and programs became more sophisticated, I got tired of programming and discovered Jazzit. It's a simple program and lets me do the work for my clients, instead of programming.“
- Ira Abrams, C.A., Nepean Ontario
What's in Jazzit Fundamentals?
|Our Working Papers templates include:||Letter templates include:||Jazzit Financial Statement schedule types include:|
... and more! With an intuitive, consistent and powerful interface, you can see how Jazzit can easily streamline your preparation.
Working papers share key information with the financial statements, notes and other working papers dramatically reducing data entry and transfer errors.
For example, the Jazzit long term debt working paper shares the lender, rate, payment, collateral and loan balance with the long term debt note in the Jazzit financial statement template.
Here are just a few of the integration efficiencies in Jazzit:
- Trial balance to financial statements, notes, schedules, working papers, letters
- Working papers to other working papers
- Working papers to notes
- Working papers to cash flow statement
- Notes to balance sheet, cash flow statement
- Financial statement schedules to balance sheet, income statement
- Financial statements to letters
"We have a small practice, now our overtime is almost non-existent, even during the busy tax season. Jazzit has taken a lot of work we used to do and given us back our nights and weekends.“
- Randy Brown, C.G.A., Elginburg Ontario
Changes to standards, data errors, calculation errors and human errors can wreak havoc on working papers.
Catch errors as you make them, before they get final partner review, and waaaaay before the 12th hour when presenting to clients! For example, Jazzit's working paper templates compare themselves against the trial balance in CaseWare, always making sure everything reconciles correctly.
The diagnostics report summarizes diagnostics on all working papers and notifies users of any available updates, which are available through the Jazzit Resource Centre.
Isn't it better to start a year-end engagement with all of your data rolled forward from last year? Not just in your financial statements, but all of your working papers and letters. Of course it is!
In year two of using Jazzit, you'll realize additional time saving benefits simply by using our roll forward feature to copy permanent information and other amounts such as year-end balances to the current year.
Simplified Jazzit map structure
Make sure your financials and your tax returns play nice together.
Jazzit has a more meaningful and simplified map number structure. We incorporate the GIFI number right into our map numbers. This provides a critical link between how your accounts are grouped together on the financial statements and the GIFI code that gets exported to your tax program. When you assign our map numbers to accounts you will know exactly which GIFI code is being added to your trial balance. For example, the Jazzit map number for cash is 111.1000, which will assign GIFI code 1000 to the trial balance when mapped. We have also streamlined the map numbers so that you are only looking at the simiplified map chart by default. To map cash you will see one map number rather than six or seven. This significantly speeds up mapping. If you require a detailed map number, for any reason, they can be quickly added to the chart and the financial statement.
At the heart of Jazzit's flexibility is the Jazzit Resource Centre. By managing the templates in a centralized Resource Centre (typically located on your server) you are able to make changes to specific financial statement pages, notes, working papers and letters once. Then you would have those changes available for all of your clients engagements.
When you open any Jazzit working paper or letter, you will see at the top of the document the version currently in the client file and the most recent version available in the Resource Centre. You will have complete control as to whether or not this specific document is to be updated.
In the Jazzit financial statements, every statement page, note and accounting policy is individually date stamped in the Resource Centre. You are able to control which statement pages, notes and policies you wish to update from the Resource Centre.
Users are automatically notified when an update is available in the Jazzit Resource Centre. This is shown on the diagnostic bar at the top of the Jazzit working paper or letter and within the home menu of the financial statement.
Jazzit Administrators have a tool within their Resource Centre which manages updates by reporting the version of all the modules within the Resource Centre and providing a button to download the updates from the Jazzit website. This Resource Centre update tool identifies exactly which modules have updates available. Resource Centre modules can be updated to the latest version with a click of a button. Once the Resource Centre has been updated, preparers are automatically notified of updates as they open Jazzit templates within the client engagements.
Jazzit System Requirements
We recommend the following:
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
- Minimum 512 MB of system memory. 1,024MB or more recommended for improved performance.
- Program requires 150 MB hard drive space.
- SVGA monitor capable of 256 colors and 800 x 600 resolution is required. A monitor with 1280 x 1024 resolution or higher is recommended. Dual monitors are supported.
- Internet access is required during the installation. High-speed internet connection is recommended for downloading updates.
- A sound and video card if you wish to view the training videos.
- A hard drive with the following free space available depending on how many of the files** are installed:
|File name**||File size - uncompressed|
|GENMST – General Master||87.1 MB|
|FULMST – Full Index Master||87.3 MB|
|KLIB – Resource Centre*||123 MB|
|FRMMST – Farm Master||89.1 MB|
|FRMLIB – Farm Resource Centre*||122 MB|
|EXMPLE – Example file||27.9 MB|
|DIVEXP – Division Example file||8.08 MB|
|MAPS– Detailed mapping structure file||3.0 MB|
|Total of above files||547.48 MB|
*Note that Resource Centre files must remain uncompressed for updating features to function.
**These files are usually installed in a central location for access by users.
The size of your client files will depend on the number of Jazzit templates and other documents.
Jazzit Software Requirements
The following software is required:
- Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7 Professional (see CaseWare.com for important information), Vista Service Pack 2 or higher (see CaseWare.com for important information), Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 or higher.
- CaseWare latest version with the latest patches installed (available from www.CaseWare.com) .
- Microsoft Excel or compatible for viewing mapping work chart files.
- Windows Media Player and Adobe Flash Player or compatible for viewing training videos (SWF, AVI & WMV format).
File Server / Networks:
- A file server can be used to store Working Papers client files.
- Per file server/network operating system recommendations.
- Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 (see CaseWare.com for important information).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 or higher.
- Microsoft CIFS compatible networks like SAMBA on Linux.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
- Adobe Reader 8.0 or higher.
- Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 or higher.